Monthly Archives: June 2010

Company Website Updated

We have just updated our company website, adding a whole new section containing all our services. The new section covers all your outsourcing needs, from game and software development and visualizations to 3d graphics and concept art. Feel free to contact us for more information or an offer free of charge and without commitment!

Cellular Deconstruction

For those who are interested in digital art – our very own lead artist Mateusz just finished his diploma work “Cellular Deconstruction” – congratulations! Here is some info on the installation that can be currently seen in the Künstlerhaus in Vienna:

Cellular Deconstruction is a work that examines remembering and forgetting. It explores photography as a metaphor for “memory.” The installation creates transient images and “algorithmic forgetting” begins at the very moment when the image is created. The viewers in the exhibition room are protagonists and passive spectators at the same time. Each image created in the installation is uploaded to a web portal and placed in a state of limbo between remembering and deletion. When online visitors open an image on the web portal they trigger a process of disintegration. Visitors at the exhibition can watch this on four screens and the online visitor’s IP address appears on the image they have called up. The more often the images on the web are accessed and looked at, the less remains of them.

Experiment #3421: Will the Plant Survive?

Augmented Reality at Gewista Plakatparty 2010

We have just updated our website and added a new section since we have been working on some augmented reality stuff. About two and a half weeks ago, we were at the Gewista Plakatparty 2010 showing off a project we have been working together with Gewista and :3C! vidision: The Augmented Reality CityLight.

The citylight itself was stuffed with a 40 inch flatscreen and an HD camera and we decided to do an augmented version of the well-known and popular wooden labyrinth game. To control the position and rotation of the labyrinth, the user had to use a marker printed on a cardboard.

It was actually really funny watching people try our game after spending quite some effort on it to deliver the best playing experience possible. The game also features a highscore system that displays the times and images of the top three players (since it captures an image of every player before the games starts, this is possible).

Quite a few of the 2000-3000 people that attendeed the Plakatparty battled each other to get to the top scores. If I remember correctly, the top score was around 6.3 seconds. Btw, as you might have already guessed, we have an internal Rarebyte highscore that was not displayed at the event which is 4.73 seconds :p

Man, this event was one hell of a party – they had everything you might think of, no wishes unsatisfied. Concerning the AR solution(s), we are really looking forward to creating some more amazing stuff, maybe in the near future.

If you are interested in creating augmented reality (AR) applications – no matter the purpose – do not hesitate to contact us! Check out some more pictures of the event on our website.